Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Busy weekends but all worth the trouble =)

Renovating our apartment..

We finally collected the keys to our apartment on 3rd July 06.
It was real exciting! That weekend, the ID and contractor came onsite to take measurements. Thereafter we went tiles & lightings shopping with the ID. Last Sat, we shopped for sanitary fittings & lightings with the ID again and on Sun, we spent 4 hrs discussing details of the design with the ID & contractor.

It sure was tiring but we're happy seeing our dream home taking shape. The ID (YC) was great! He's taste is similar to mine so I loved his design. The contractor (Mr & Mrs Liang) were hilarious so it was nice working with them too. But everything is soooo expensive! It didn't helped that I have expensive taste (quartz tiles & square taps cost a lot more).. sigh!


Most likely we can start the reno works in early Aug and do up everything by mid Sept in time for the photoshoot. It's our first home so we were hoping to capture it in our bridal album for future reference. Sooo exciting..

Bridal Gown..

On Sun, I finally decided on my choice of WG & EG. They were beautiful, especially the WG ;o)

Before today, I gave myself so much stress wanting to look PERFECT on the big day. Went to the bridal shop for 5 rounds of fitting and basically tried all of their gowns... luckily I got Chingway & Jarene to help in the selection process. I also went through numerous bridal mags and deliberated for a long time on the design. Even quarrelled with my Gerald several times over the selection.. but luckily now he's been more supportive.

It's all about managing expectations I guess... and I felt a lot happier now. ;o)

No comments: