Wednesday, June 28, 2006

World Cup 2006.. the season where women take a backseat..


It's 3 weeks into World Cup, so it's coming to an end soon!! I'm counting down to "THE DAY" i.e. 9 July 06 when all the madness will finally end. Haha.. not that I hated soccer. In fact, I do enjoy the euphoria of the game and the fun of hanging out with frens to watch the matches.

But we all know too much of something is bad.
For the past 3 weeks.. everything is about the World Cup! From the time I wake up to Morning Express (Class 95) in the am, to small talk during breaks or lunch time. Dinner appointment were deliberately shorten to rush home to catch the 10am match. Finally I reach home to the arms of World Cup (becos my dad watches it too) and even in the wee hours.. I do hear my neighbours shouting GOAL!

Needless to say.. Gerald was "smitten" by the World Cup mania. Luckily the World Cup comes only every 4 years so it isn't that bad ;o) but then again.. there's alway's EPL, Italian League, etc..

No comments: