Saturday, June 24, 2006

Wedding Band.. Rings of a lifetime..

I've been eyeing on the Tiffany's Altas ring as wedding band. Alhough Tiffany rings are extremely pricey, I think the quality are great and it's well worth the $$$ for the intricate workmanship. Anyway wedding bands are meant to last a lifetime so I think it's a worthy investment!


But it's a pity the guy's version of the Altas ring is kinda chunky so it didn't look too good on Gerald's hand.



Then we saw another Tiffany design which we like. It's a much simpler design than the Altas so it looks more like a wedding band. In fact, I purposely chose a cheaper bridal package (instead of Divine Couture) because I would rather spend more on the wedding band than the gown (which would only be worn for a few hours). Turned out that Lee Hwa had a duplicate version of that Tiffany design at a quarter of its price! What a disappointment :o(



Anyway I chance upon Fairy's Inc one day and was smitten by their rings. They do customerisation of wedding bands so each design is unique (i.e. no more copycats!!). In particular, I like their diamond eternity rings because the design and cutting is extremely delicate. Their rings are pricy too because the diamonds they use are of good colour and clarity.


However, diamond bands would mean that I can't resize it in future if my finger grow too fat for the ring. In fact, heard from the owner of Fairy' Inc that too much housework can make your fingers develop muscle!! Haha.. Others say that there's risk of diamonds falling out over time... But I loved the blink blink so guess we can mitigate risk by doing regular checks.

Luckily there's still time... so guess we'll still continue to shop around first before deciding..

No comments: