Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas, gone in a flash..

This X'mas is really hectic. Even though I was on leave since last Friday and rarely slept more than 6 hours a day, time was never enough and the list of to-do tasks kept growing. Yet, this Christmas holds special meaning for me. Burnt a hole in the wallet buying presents for everyone in the family and people close to me and I was happy to do so to show appreciation for their love. =)

Initially we planned for BBQ on X'mas eve (I simply loved BBQ food!). Bought all the BBQ food and did the marination. Unfortunately, it rained non-stop the whole day so we had to cook the food in the oven instead. Gerald was very nice. He made me entertain my friends in the living room while he did all the cooking alone in the kitchen. I had wanted to help him cos it didn't seem like an easy feat but he promptly sent me out the kitchen. He cooked and washed everything and did all these with a smiley face, insisting that it wasn't too tough. Something I'm sure I don't be able to do..

Though the weather was a disappointment, everyone had a good time chatting and I'm glad they loved our cosy place.








We entertained another group of friends on X'mas day. 20++ people came and they stayed till 3+ in the morning so we were dead tired. Yet it was nice to see so many friends and have fun together.

Some of them were particularly nice! Got us meaningful wedding gifts, enthusiastically helped us with the wedding programme & emcee script and some flew back from overseas to attend our wedding. I'm sure 1st Jan will be very nice cos so many friends would be around to share our joy and excitements. =)

No comments: