Monday, January 01, 2007

1st Jan 2007.. A perfect and truly memorable wedding.. a day my heart melted..

Tea Ceremony in the morning...

Woke up at 5.30am to get ready. Surprised I managed to sleep soundly throughout the night without any pre-wedding jitters. Started doing my makeup at 6.30am when the VG (Alex), MUA (Dana) and PG (Chris) arrived. I like the makeup and hair styling by the MUA... mei mei =) Dad & mum were pretty excited too.. I would sense their nervousness when they put on the veil for me.

The jiemeis arrived at 7.30am++ all pretty in pink, to prepare the tekan materials.

Gerald came at about 8.30am and the tekan session started. Couldn't quite make out what was happening downstairs except there's plentiful of laughter from Peiwen which was so contagious. =P After Gerald & his 10 Bros passed the first barrier, June & Felice came into my room.. the 2nd line of defence. Was told that one of the bros (i.e. Mark) was like a rubbish bin.. swallowed the whole pack of worms Peiwen bought from London and lots of other concoction .. haha, I was sooo amused.

Outside my room door, Gerald sang "Have I told you lately", "You're the Sunshine of my Life" and "Grow Old with You" which was so sweet. =) All the 6 jiemeis, 10 bros and Gerald were so nice! Throughout the day, I felt soo princess-like.. just smile and be pretty... hehe

Dinner Reception at Fullerton Hotel


The wedding dinner was perfect! The ambience at the Straits Room was so cosy with the live jazz and piano playing. It was particularly nice to have our immediate family and close friends around to share our joy and to give their blessings. June did a story on how Gerald and I met and got together which was nice and personalised. Thanks June!

Gerald was sooo nice and sincere. He surprised me by singing "Can't take my eyes off you" on stage! it was particularly nice with his 10 bros singing in the background... having the blessings of so many friends was truly touching. Obviously my heart melted and I knew for sure Gerald was the PERFECT husband for me. =)

I'm glad the wedding turned out to be so nice esp after I've put so much effort to plan for it. Particularly happy that Gerald made special effort to make our wedding so unique, so touching.. I always remember this day.. a truly unforgetable moment!

No comments: